Cloud / Web Development Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Software already empowers 100s of millions of HP imaging devices around the globe. Now, we're just getting started growing new user experiences with scaled mobile, desktop, and cloud/web software solutions in innovative ways. The solutions you will help us build will make HP printing products come alive for customers no matter where or how they are connected, what screen they look at, what app they love, or what OS platform they love it on. HP software and services are no longer about drivers. We are about making best-in-class end-to-end experiences for people around the world we enjoy, our families enjoy, and our customers appreciate.
As part of the Print Software and Solutions group you will work on an agile team to create experiences that delight customers around the world. You could be part of team that is building new software solutions and services like HP Instant Ink, mobile/tablet printing and other related cloud services. The teams use Agile methodologies and the latest development, deployment, and diagnostic approaches. We are looking for highly motivated and talented developers to join us in pursuing this exciting new opportunity as part of HP.
- Develop and maintain cloud-based solution components with highly effective/usable user interfaces
- Work on an Agile Scrum team developing cloud-based solutions.
- Participate in all aspects of Agile product development, including doing test driven software development utilizing a continuous integration process.
- Execute Publishing Solutions Operation Agile Scrum processes and practices.
- Work with software technologies from multiple sources including those licensed from 3rd parties, leveraged from other HP groups, internally developed, and outsourced development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited institution
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in responsive web design/front-end development.
- Experience with dependency management tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework
- Experience working with client-server architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following core technologies/platforms: object-oriented analysis and design , continuous integration, test driven development
- Scripting skills - Shell (bash, ksh, csh).
- Experience designing and developing software platforms or solutions; unit testing, debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing code.
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Demonstrated ability supporting continuous process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Skilled in interfacing with internal and external technical resources
- Knowledge and experience in Test Automation
- Understanding of load balancers and proxy architecture
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top