Cloud / Web Development Engineer
The HP Printing and Personal Systems Consumer Business organization is an exciting, fast-paced group that is reinventing printing for our increasingly mobile customers. You could be part of team that is building new software solutions and services like HP Instant Ink, mobile/tablet printing and other related cloud services. The teams use Agile methodologies and the latest development, deployment and diagnostic approaches. We are looking for highly motivated and talented web/mobile developers to join us in pursuing this exciting new opportunity as part of HP.
- Develop and maintain cloud-based solution components with highly effective/usable user interfaces
- Work on an Agile Scrum team developing cloud-based solutions.
- Participate in all aspects of Agile product development, including doing test driven software development utilizing a continuous integration process.
- Execute Publishing Solutions Operation Agile Scrum processes and practices.
- Work with software technologies from multiple sources including those licensed from 3rd parties, leveraged from other HP groups, internally developed, and outsourced development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited institution
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in cloud application back-end development (preferred to have front-end development as well)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following core technologies/platforms : object-oriented analysis and design , continuous integration, test driven development
- Scripting skills - Shell (bash, ksh, csh).
- Experience designing and developing software platforms or solutions; unit testing, debugging new and/or existing software, performance tuning and optimization of existing code.
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Demonstrated ability supporting continuous process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Skilled in interfacing with internal and external technical resources
- Proficient in Linux
- Working knowledge of any database (MySQL or MongoDB)
- Knowledge and experience in Test Automation
- Experience with Agile Scrum processes and practices
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top