Cloud Solutions and Operations Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Cloud Solutions and Operations (CSO) DevOps is an engineering organization specializing in providing a variety of operations support for our partners, including deployment support through all SDLC environments, on-call L2 Production Support/Escalation Management, system/application monitoring, etc. It's our job to ensure that the various web/cloud-based services that we support are monitored effectively, SLA targets are met consistently, and all production-related outages, degradations, etc, are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We're hiring a full-time Cloud Sols & Ops Engineer at our Vancouver, WA site. You will work on a team focused on quickly design and develop proofs-of-concept and experimentation combining several software platforms and technologies on a fast-paced, agile environment. Such platforms include cloud-based services/microservices and front-end clients, service meshes and application management, IoT meshes, architectures and protocols, device management and embedded software components, full-stack mobile applications, aspects of computer vision and intersections with analytics and applied machine learning.
- Strong skills on development and delivery of cloud-based services. architectures and platforms (RESTful, message-based, eventing, orchestration/choreography, service meshes, Tomcat/Jetty/NodeJS)
- Strong skills on SQL and noSQL platforms (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, ELK)
- Strong development skills using AWS services (RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, ELB, SQS, EC2, S3, Lamba, API Gateway, Elasticache, +)
- Strong development skills on Android development (Layout/Fragments, Android services, networking/messaging, BT/BLE stack, messaging, app lifecycle/activities, ARCore, etc)
- Strong development skills on iOS development (Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Bluetooth, ARKit, Core ML, etc)
- Strong skills on BT, BLE and IoT environments (MQTT, ZigBee, HomeKit)
- Strong skills on deployment and hosting (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Chef/automation)
- Strong coding methodologies, patterns and best practices
- Strong ability to work independently
- Skills on specialized networking and protocols for printing (IPP, AirPrint, PCL/X, PDF,+)
- Skills on applied cryptography (crypto libraries, DH, KDFs,+) and PKI
- Skills on web-based client software development (NWjs, Electron, HTML5/CSS, React, Angular, Vue, +)
- Ability to work on collaboration with local and external teams
- BS degree in any of the following (CS/Math/Engineering)
Additional desired skills:
- Skills on embedded software development
- Skills on MS Azure Cloud services
- Native UI development cross-platform (QT) and Windows (WPF)
- Voice-integrated application development (Alexa skills)
- Experience with source control revision tools - GIT (preferred), SVN, RCS, CVS, etc.
- Other tools experience: (Zabbix, Splunk, New Relic, Vagrant, Nagios)
We're a small and dedicated group within a large corporation. We try very hard to keep a startup feel, but we have the resources and backing of a Fortune Top 50. This boils down to:
- Performance-based salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, etc...
- Conference attendance is encouraged
Back to top