Cloud Platform Technology Strategist
- Vancouver, WA
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We provide technology and services that help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Who we are
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere.
In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds-so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate, and create what matters the most to them.
We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We will use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
HP Inc. is investing heavily in cloud based applications and services as part of its ongoing growth strategy. We are looking for a strong technical leader that is familiar with developing and deploying small, medium, and large scale web services. A person who, with an understanding of the ecosystem and evolving service providers, can lead technology, architecture, and solution roadmaps making informed make vs buy decisions to keep HP at the forefront of this technology. This person should be, or can grow to be, a recognized authority, internally and externally, on leading-edge technologies, theories, or techniques. Provides innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive issues affecting multiple disciplines and work groups. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives. Integrates advanced technology, theories or techniques that have a significant continued impact across disciplines and business units. Serves as organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Champions large projects that affect the company's long-range goals and objectives. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Create a vision and develop strategy/technology roadmaps for Cloud based services, engineering and technology development and transfer across the Global Business Units and company at large.
- Communicates strategy and technology roadmaps to executive staff and key industry partners and customers; leverages recognized technical and business expertise to influence, guide, and shape business strategy and decision-making at the highest organizational levels.
- Provides consultation, design input, and feedback for research and new product development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures.
- Represents the company as a recognized technology and research expert at key industry and scientific conferences and meetings; prepares and delivers literature and presentations for publication and peer review; creates patent applications and supporting documentation.
- Evaluates and develops external relationships for technologies and innovations for alignment with research roadmap and potential business value; creates strategic plan for integration and update into research and product architecture.
- Guides and mentors less-experienced staff members to set an example of product engineering innovation and excellence.
- Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
As a Distinguished Technologist, you will be responsible to lead the dialog with executive management and technical colleagues to establish a vision on how and where we invest to deliver a next generation cloud based platform and services. You will guide technology choices and architectures to provide optimized experiences and capabilities to our customers.
High level skills include:
- An experienced leader who has established technical credibility and track record of impactful business and industry impact.
- Deep knowledge and experience in architecting, developing, and deploying large scale web services and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to architect across multiple disciplines and design solutions involving Firmware, Software, Mobile, and cloud based solutions.
- Actively tracking advancements in the Industry, and offers from cloud services that HP should be capitalizing on. Ability to make forward looking make vs buy decision leveraging a growing and changing industry
- Ability to build a team, attract the best talent, and establish a collaborative expertise center that will foster innovation, deliver results, and become the MVPs of our respective business units.
Qualified applicants will need:
- A master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar level of applied research knowledge gained through industry experience.
- 10+ years solving complex problems in cloud platforms and cloud based services
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience with technologies including Web services, Web infrastructure, large scale deployment, and related solutions that are leveraged across a large organization.
- Examples of industry impact, such as patents, publications, or industry user group leadership.
- Great communication skills to establish a vision, align executive leaders, convey complex concepts to teams with differing backgrounds, build trust, and create engaging partnerships.
Back to top