Cloud Computing Engineer
HP's objective is to strive for excellence in all we do within a culture of inclusion based on trust, respect and dignity for all. We are a technology company that invents to achieve results faster than our competitors. We are a worldwide leader in personal systems and printing.
Our team has the ambitious project to use cloud-based services with high security to provide a better customer experience with our products.
We are seeking a cloud computing engineer who is passionate and motivated to develop and deploy cloud-based services. The person must be able to understand software engineering fundamentals and keep up with discussions with the technical team. We need someone who enjoys working with highly talented individuals that are eager to learn, grow, and make their contributions. Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal skills are fundamental to work with our distributed teams, and the ability to communicate concisely and clearly is valued. We are looking for an energetic and committed person, a motivator who leads by example and works together with the team to achieve common goals.
- Design, develop, debug and test cloud-based solutions on AWS interfacing with multiple platforms and across multiple organizations across HP.
- Deliver software solutions using agile processes.
- Write and execute testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portions of applications.
- Identify, analyze, debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Work on big-data and analytics.
- Participate as a member of project team of other software applications engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions.
- Apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues and problems of moderately complex scope.
- Act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Must have expertise in one or more object-oriented languages.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Applied cryptography and encryption understanding
- Experience with full software development life cycle
- Strong object oriented and analysis skills
- Experience in requirements, analysis, definition and implementation of software solutions
- Linux/Unix and good TCP/IP based networking knowledge
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Back to top