Cloud Computing Engineer
HP's objective is to strive for excellence in all we do within a culture of inclusion based on trust, respect and dignity for all. We are a technology company that invents to achieve results faster than our competitors. We are a worldwide leader in personal systems and printing.
ur team has the ambitious project to use cloud-based services with high security to provide a better customer experience with our products.
We are seeking a full stack cloud developer who is passionate and motivated to develop and deploy cloud-based services. The person must be able to understand software engineering fundamentals and keep up with discussions with the technical team. We need someone who enjoys working with highly talented individuals that are eager to learn, grow, and make their contributions. Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal skills are fundamental to work with our distributed teams, and the ability to communicate concisely and clearly is valued. We are looking for an energetic and committed person, a motivator who leads by example and works together with the team to achieve common goals.
- Design, develop, debug and test cloud-based solutions on AWS interfacing with multiple platforms and across multiple organizations across HP.
- Deliver software solutions using agile processes.
- Write and execute testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portions of applications.
- Identify, analyze, debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Work on big-data and analytics.
- Participate as a member of project team of other software applications engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions.
- Apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
- Provide direction to team activities and facilitate information validation and team decision making process.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represent the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- Ability to handle most unique situations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Must have expertise in one or more object-oriented languages.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Applied cryptography and encryption understanding
- Experience with full software development life cycle
- Experience with full stack development
- Strong object oriented and analysis skills
- Experience in requirements, analysis, definition and implementation of software solutions
- Linux/Unix and good TCP/IP based networking knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top