Cloud Clients Solutions Planning Manager
- Spring, TX
The Cloud Clients team at HP owns and drives cloud-based solutions such as Linux, Chrome, Windows 10X devices & relevant software solutions. We are a customer obsessed team and empower our customers by delivering amazing cloud-centric experiences. We are at the forefront of technology and turning macro trends like Cloud-First IT, virtualization, modern management, web apps, containerization, etc. into value-added solutions for customers.
The Cloud Clients Solutions Planning Manager is the leader of the team planning software, solutions and services for Cloud Clients business and responsible for creating the solutions to deliver end-to-end experience for the customers.
Success of the business and individual will depend on close collaboration with hardware planning team, PS Software, PS Services team, global insights team, GBU support functions such as engineering team, finance teams, CO organization customer and external solutions partners, to drive a profitable & successful solutions business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Own Cloud Clients Solutions Portfolio
• Translate broad strategic Cloud Clients direction into goals and long-term portfolio plans
• Provide insights to executive management & support execution of strategy
• Build a long-term solutions portfolio strategy by evaluating future trends, insights, feedback from markets & product management team and alliance partner portfolios
• Build and manage a funnel of potential external companies for partnerships
• Own end-to-end solutions roadmap for both thin clients and Chrome clients
• Drive experience curation for Cloud Clients & lead team to plan insight-based innovation
2. Own and lead team to successful pre-POR PLC checkpoints
• Own & drive product lifecycle process enhancements to ensure that the overall process can scale with the business
• Be planning lead for solutions products
• Drive alignment & prioritization with customer-facing markets on solutions roadmap
• Own relationship and collaboration with external partners to build a successful solution
• Drive ongoing planning activities by close collaboration with multiple functions such as engineering, PS software team, services, etc.
• Own seamless solutions integration into hardware by close collaboration with hardware planning team
• Ensure smooth solutions delivery and monetization by close collaboration with support functions such as finance, PS software, and IT
• Incorporate findings from product management business reporting to tweak and deliver competitive solutions to market
• Support product management team with launches & participation at events such as Citrix Synergy, VMworld, HPR, etc.
• Manage smooth project hand-off post POR to product management team
3. Own business goals for Cloud Clients solutions
• Drive end-to-end solutions monetization by influencing market leads
• Participate in & influence roadmap from competitive findings such as heatmaps, teardowns, specials, etc.
4. Lead Solutions Planning Team
• Lead a team of solutions planners in setting goals & achieving them
• Develop software & planning talent within the team, provide adequate guidance & support to the team members as needed
• Drive high level of engagement
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Prior experience in managing product planners with extensive personal experience in product management
• Well-developed understanding of the cloud industry and HP offerings/strategy
• MBA preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated management skills, proven experience leading, driving and inspiring teams towards a common goal
• Demonstrated strategic leadership in solutions design and/or current product management
• Demonstrated experience working with external partners, R&D & other support functions
• Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including L2/L3 senior management
• Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Manages thin clients, chrome clients, other cloud-based clients' software solutions planning function & team
• Owns product lifecycle pre-POR
• Typically interacts with managers, directors, L3 leaders in product marketing, engineering, CO
Back to top