Client Manager - Device as a Service
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. From cutting edge personal digital equipment to the most powerful IT solutions, we use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone-at every level in every function-is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We believe anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And it's how ideas-and people-grow.
The Client Manager - Device-as-a-service applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Plans and directs the delivery of contracted business activities for segments of the contract's lifecycle for assigned contracts, or plans and directs the delivery for the entire lifecycle of smaller contracts.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the contract - in terms of Revenue.
- Margin and Growth potential on the portfolio of contracts.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction with respect to annuity or outsourcing services.
- Establishes yearly budgets and controls expenses to achieve financial goals.
- Leads business negotiations for contracts or portions of contracts for a country or region.
- Directs solution, operational service, partner, and sub-contractor teams that deliver services to the customer.
- Leads the account leadership team which is comprised of Sales, Delivery Management, & Client Management). In this capacity, responsible for:
- As appropriate to the contract agreement, assures compliance with HP and customer's HR, PR, legal, financial, ethics and government related policies, strategies, and processes.
- Directs the planning, assessment and development of new business opportunities in partnership with HP sales.
- Develops and nurtures mgmt level relationships with the customer.
- Significant contributor to the development of account plan; leads portions of the account plan.
- Pro-actively contributes to the customer's business improvement, planning and budgeting process.
- Develops processes with the customer in areas such as performance metrics and measure, escalation, change management and communication.
- Maintains effective communication with and between functional areas of the account team, as well as with HP at large as needed.
- Oversees client governance that comprises processes and communications between customer, HP, service providers, and partners.
- Generates additional revenue thru "product pull thru" after an MS outsourcing.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some relevant Client Mgmt & 3-5 years industry experience.
- Demonstrable capability for managing a portfolio of Annuity Services.
- Demonstrable capability for business P&L management, financial concepts and contract law.
- Experience in developing customer relationships including good negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record in leading virtual teams, influential, able to work across organizational boundaries, dealing with ambiguity and setting up internal networks.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of corporate policies, markets and processes, financial management and program management.
- Demonstrate technical, functional or business knowledge; broad knowledge with developing deep knowledge in a specialized area.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top