At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Client Manager is a direct client contact position responsible for leading delivery of in-scope contracted services and seeks opportunities to increase revenue.Responsible for meeting P&L, as well as growing the account through the change order process for assigned customer accounts. The primary focus of the Client Manager will be on our print selling vertical. The position will require qualified candidates to commute to Midtown on a daily basis.
Management level definition:
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
Owns the customer operational business relationship of large accounts, often with global/regional reach. Develops and nurtures senior management relationships with the customer to achieve excellent customer satisfaction. Acts as a point of contact for operational & tactical issues of high complexity, representing delivery of all services (all functions) to the customer: manages customer expectations by developing performance metrics & reporting, escalation management & communication plan. Plans and leads expense/cost target commitments for all service delivery requirements developing, implementing & monitoring expense controls. Develops strategies and processes with the customer in areas such as performance metrics and measure, escalation change management and communication. Ability to effectively and proactively manage high risk projects. Develops all delivery items to organizations to timely, cost effective delivery of Service Level Agreement requirements; identifying & recommending optimization while managing scope, resources & coordination. Contributes to strategic account plan. Identifies incremental revenue opportunities and supports pursuit activities. Assures compliance with HP and customer's HR, PR, legal, financial, ethics and government related policies, strategies, and processes. Acts as a team or project leader for medium and large delivery teams by providing managerial and technical direction. Hires, leads and provides managerial & technical expertise to cross functional team including 3rd party vendors to ensure performance goals are met for all in scope services across all towers: identifying & analyzing gaps to develop & implement corrective actions plans. Develops & manages account service delivery plan. Contributes to strategic account plan. Negotiates with and manages 3rd party vendors contributing to contractual requirements. Consults in presales & change order negotiations, representing & approving delivery capability & cost solution. Contributes to knowledge management capture, documentation & publication to drive organizational maturity. Understands customer at local, country, region & world wide level to analyze delivery requirements & contribute to customer strategic business plan.
Education and Experience:
- First Level University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 - 8 years relevant business experience.
- Project Management experience desired
- Multi-cultural and cross-country experience desired.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to build & manage strong customer relationship at the senior level.
- Strong influence & negotiation skill.
- Ability to apply business management, financial concepts & contracts knowledge to analyze business needs and develop recommendations.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and persuasive communications for multiple audiences,including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively and projecting atrustable image.
- Ability to understand & analyze an issue or problem to develop & implement a corrective actionplan. Applies appropriate technical knowledge and methods to resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to proactively & effectively manage risk on medium to high risk projects.
- Develops & consistently applies Quality & Continuous Improvement Plans.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written & presentation.
- Extensive Industry sector knowledge (finance, manufacturing, etc.).
- Crisis & conflict management.
- Leadership ability to build & manage cross cultural, cross tower & cross business team for effective and efficient customer support
- Coaches & mentors other Client Managers.
- Ability to develop & present high impact message to senior level management.
- Acts as Client Manager in medium to large engagements or small portfolio of engagements.
- Leads a medium to large delivery team.
- Works at regional or global level; may act as people manager.
- Supports large number of countries.
- Complex delivery portfolio.
- Custom designed delivery methodology.
Back to top