China Digital Business Development Professional
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
We are seeking a Business Development Leader to lead a virtual team of business development managers and other internal constituents to enhance and create valuable partnerships with the leading companies in the China Digital ecosystem. This person will be responsible for delivering superior experiences for our customers and enhanced revenue and profitability for our partners and HP. This is a strong leadership opportunity to drive highly strategic partnerships that execute at scale. The strategy and partnerships that you and your team will put together will be experienced by millions of HP's customers each year.
The right candidate for this this role will be a Business Development pro that thinks like a GM. The ideal candidate will be someone:
• Thinks strategically
• Executes effectively
• Great project management skills
• Knows how to effectively develop a process to evaluate and prioritize ideas and opportunities and build business cases and ROI models
• Can manage and coordinate a virtual team; they will be a great influencer
• Expert at developing executive level relationships (internally and externally)
• A proven track record of conceiving a strategy and executing it to success
- Drive business development for the China Digital ecosystem
- Set the strategic direction of the engagement with a set of partners.
- Grow revenues through partnerships.
- Lead and provide guidance to negotiate contracts that protect HP's interests
- Manage long term relationships with strategic partners to maximize partnership potential
Key success factors:
- Deliver Results. Drive decisions to and lead your team to ensure programs stay on schedule and launch. Obsess over data and results. Identify how to constantly define and measure success.
- BD and Negotiations expert. You are an expert in identifying, structuring partnerships and negotiating complex partnerships.
- Lead from the Front. Create a performance driven culture, while providing support, mentorship and guidance to your team. Ability to lead and inspire a team of business development managers, internal stakeholders and analysts that will be a member of your virtual team.
- Born Influencer. Promote deep partnership between business development, product management, design and engineering to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Be prepared to operate and influence across a highly-matrixed organization and with partners external to HP.
- Passion for Technology: You are someone who likes to try out the latest applications and technologies with a keen interest in understanding the business model behind the applications.
- Think strategically, execute tactically. Have the ability to work at a strategic level with senior leaders and the will and want to roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals on your team to drive results.
- Attention to Detail. You will define the strategic direction of HP's partnership opportunities, while empowering your team to make daily decisions. See the link between the granular details and big picture.
Education & Experience Required
- 10+ years of business development experience (or relevant experience). With 5+ years in management capacity
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Organizational and strategic management skills, including budget and business planning and forecasting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid track record of business development including contracts and licensing.
- Proven skills in business negotiation.
- Ability to manage human capital across multiple geographies and organizations to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- You have experience crafting and delivering executive presentations with ease and composure.
- You know how to structure ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated ability to shape and influence ideas and actions of others
- Ability to quickly ramp-up and make an immediate impact
- Superior analytical and synthesizing skills
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills
- Superior communications (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent
- Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or in similar roles such as Corporate Strategy, Business Strategy, Investment Banking is a plus
Back to top