Channel Sales Representative (Alberta)
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are looking for a Channel Sales Representative tobuild and preserve trusting relationships with our partners and customers. We'll rely on you to find ways to outperform our competition and maintain our company's positive image and advocate for our brand. To succeed in this role, you should be an excellent communicator, able to work with sales and marketing teams and build rapport with customers. The ideal candidate is comfortable presenting to partners and customers our value proposition in meetings and at events. Ultimately your enthusiasm, strong work ethic and positive attitude will be a perfect fit for our team.
- Serve as an expert on HP Supplies for Print Channel partners and customers.
- Understand partners & HP objectives and builds a plan to accelerate growth
- Identify key staff in client companies to cultivate profitable relationships
- Resolve customer / partner complaints quickly and effectively
- Works with other sales teams within HP by sharing information, building strategies for success, responding to RFPs and identifying upselling and cross-selling opportunities
- Aim to preserve customers and renew contracts.
- Gain solid knowledge of competitors
- Works with partners to grow and maintain their HP funnel
- Ensure partners remain compliant with legal and standard of business conduct practices as it relates to HPs partner agreement and programs.
- Support partner and end-customer events through presentations, networking and trade show opportunities
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 3-5 years of selling experience at end user account or partner level.
- Experience developing positive relationships and solving customer problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- General understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel, including competitive positioning
- Basic understanding of a select set of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strategic relationships with partner contacts; and promoting HP programs and offerings.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow HP's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others to ensure coordinated, efficient account management.
- Understanding of pipeline management basics and ability to explain benefits to partners.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Comfortable presenting to partners and at trade shows
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list in 2018.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top