Channel Inside Sales Representative
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. From cutting edge personal digital equipment to the most powerful IT solutions, we use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone-at every level in every function-is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We believe anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And it's how ideas-and people-grow.
The Channel Inside Sales Rep applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized
knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Proactively sells products, services, supplies to installed base and through "cold calling" in support of company promotion and upgrade campaigns.
- Multi-product/service, complex sales, typically sells integrated solutions.
- Directs and coordinates supporting activities.
- Identifies emerging market trends and opportunities.
- Trains, coaches and leads other Inside Sales Reps., both Outbound and Inbound.
- Leads new market penetration campaigns.
- Significant input to development of quota objectives and future direction within territory, area, and/or accounts.
- Interfaces with highly diverse set of functions and buyers at all levels within customer organization - including highest levels of Executive.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and execute account through the management and coordination of sales activities.
- Aggressively reviews account activities in pursuit of new business or up- selling opportunities.
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast responsibility in accordance with sales center business process.
- Analyzes client industry and competitive research and information to facilitate rich client dialogue.
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT and business executives
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Execute campaign follow- up and lead management.
- Orchestrates the resources and sponsorship essential for executing business effectively. ' Drives integrated planning and coordinated sales execution.
- As dictated by the selling model, engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to HP, representing the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
Education and Experience Required:
- Four year university/ Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2 - 3 years of combined IT or selling experience preferable in IT industry
- Additional, specialized knowledge-breadth/depth.
- Expert in discipline offerings; technical ability to develop a total sales engagement.
- Multiple years over quota performance with progressively more difficult assignments.
- Viewed as an expert in company; sought out by other sales reps and/or managers for input.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complex negotiation and selling skills with multiple products and service solutions.
- Project management skills in directing or coordinating selling sales support activities on complex sales.
- Consistently demonstrates proactive activities within accounts to uncover new business and take ownership for new opportunities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to inbound calls set by segment management.
- Understands the client procurement processes and knows key decision criteria for winning new andor maintaining existing business.
- Displays ability to clearly articulate HP value propositions and solution discussions with customer.
- Demonstrates ability to take on more complex accounts and direct and global engagements.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of HP portfolio, observed via customer interaction, test scores, and limited reliance on technical support, Pre-sales or internal resources to discuss products or solutions with customers.
- High level of negotiation skills at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Ability to mentor peers
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills
- Fluency in both - French and German are required
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today, we are eager to learn more about you!
Back to top