Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Leads a complex supply chain category; including data and industry analysis; reports results tobusiness executives.
- Leads a complex, international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder business executives to discuss impact of supply chain strategic development on overall business and to develop forward-thinking supply chain strategies; influences the industry or marketplace for complex categories; engages with market leaders.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads complex Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization for complex categories.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with highly complex and critical suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the most complex, long-term suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in forward- thinking strategic development and relationship building.
- Develops strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operations improvement.
- Innovates complex business models, drives associated strategies and influences the marketplace.
- Identifies complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using custom solutions.
- Advises executive level business leaders on all contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and highly complex suppliers.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Drives development and efficiency of procurement tools and applications.
- Advanced communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Program Management Skills, incorporating multiple projects
- Advanced team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to independently draft legal contractual documents.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Capable of independently drafting custom contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Subject matter expertise on known and emerging contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Advanced ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Excellent understanding of HP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top