Category Planning Manager - Mobile Workstations
HP is recognized worldwide as a market leader in Workstation products that focus on delivering rich experiences and innovation for all key vertical customer segments. Our world-class solutions deliver unique features and experiences that delight our customers and ultimately help them be more productive. The HP Workstations Business Unit is a high-energy, fast-paced, dynamic organization that provides an exciting and rewarding growth environment within HP. As the Workstation segment continues to evolve, we must insure that our products remain highly innovative, deliver the utmost in performance and reliability, and continue to set the bar high to remain ahead of the competition.
The individual selected for this role will be responsible for category management of our future Mobile Workstation platforms. He/she will be the voice of the customer during product platform development, working with R&D and Supply Chain to deliver a compelling product at the right time, with the right cost structure, that positions us high above the competition. The category planning manager will ultimately be responsible for defining products that drive growth for the category.
• Define innovative products and the appropriate marketing mix strategy - based on data and insights acquired through market research, engagements with customers and region managers, etc...
• Maintain a pulse on market trends and future technology
• Collaborate effectively with team members across multiple groups, including regional teams, marketing, engineering R&D
• Partner with downstream product management team to ensure a strong story and strategy for go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning
• Monitor competition and prepare competitive analyses relative to assigned products
• Evangelize and champion for Mobile Workstations, and serve as the expert for customer reviews, marketing communications, event participation, and AR/PR opportunities, etc...
• Clearly communicate Mobile Workstation category, portfolio, and strategy to customers, senior management, regions, and external teams
• Work closely with R&D to improve efficiency of product development, processes, and workflows
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering/technology (or strong/extensive technical background), and an MBA
• 7-10 years of experience in product marketing and/or product management
• Demonstrated business acumen for product management and proven ability to apply marketing fundamentals
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and demonstrated ability to influence and persuade
• Strong work ethic and commitment to learning and personal growth
• Demonstrated drive, confidence and risk taking
• Proven ability to prioritize among multiple demands, and gather adequate information toward making timely decisions
• Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and suggest viable alternatives
• Establishes and maintains productive working relationships
• Handles objections and disagreements professionally and supported with facts
• Must be able to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with changing objectives, ambiguous situations, and priority interrupts
Candidate key attributes:
• Experienced: Strong knowledge of the Workstation industry, vertical customer segments, technologies, and marketing practices.
• Visionary: Industry savvy, drives out-of-the-box thinking, and develops solid action plans. Naturally curious, constantly looking for innovative ways to improve customer experiences.
• Energetic: Has personal positive energy, passionate, builds trusting relationships, communicates with impact, and strives for a high-performance environment.
• Execution: Prioritized, organized & detail-oriented, negotiates effectively and leverages team work, strong work ethic, delivers on expectations, and extremely proactive and productive.
• Edge: Bold, decisive and communicates with clarity to all levels of management and team members. Sets the bar high for him/her and other individuals around them to contribute to overall business results.
• Ethics: Trustworthy, demonstrates integrity and respect for others in every interaction.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top