Cash Forecasting Process Design, Analytics and Operations
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies developed to advanced on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques to solve common and complex business issues in the accounting, business and cash forecasting and banking landscape. Contributes to the development of innovative principles, ideas and solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Partner with different finance functions (Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tax, Supply Chain, FP&A, etc.) to build and develop, maintain and Improve existing cash forecast tools and methodologies. Recognize, follow, and analyse trends and determine how they will impact future results and business. Prepare and present reports, charts, and variance analysis detailing daily cash results and expected end of month results which will be used for calculations of free cash flow. Examine framework/methodologies to find ways of improving predictive accuracy. Maintain and improve current database logic used to generate consolidated cash forecast reports. Manage the implementation of a system solution from beginning to end for a customer and creates a plan for testing new systems. Troubleshoot current applications and solves minor issues independently that might have a direct/indirect impact in forecast and actuals results. Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Interact with internal customers, examining moderately complex issues or concerns to find a solution. Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to identify the business potential of a given project. Solve moderately complex, multiple systems problems. Develop risk mitigation and fall back strategies. Generate new ideas for ongoing improvement initiatives, projects and innovation
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus on Math, Statistics, Finance/Accounting or computer science; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Project Management, Lean Sigma, RPA Methodologies preferred
- Typically, 5+ years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate to advance understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas (SAP LH, SAP 4 HANA, etc.) Banking, Treasury, accounting Cash forecasting processes and modelling
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Expert to Advance proficiency in MS office: Excel, PowerPoint MS Access Data base, SQL Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to design new systems.
- Provides process design expertise, operational execution. Impacts medium to High-value, and diverse size projects of moderate complexity.
Leads moderately to highly complex process design, analytics and operations; generates new ideas and leads medium to large projects.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top