Business Support Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with around 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We are seeking a high level Business Support Engineer to join our EMEA HP Store team. The successful candidate would be expected to solve common and complex technical business issues and recommend appropriate solutions. With the ability to work on problems of diverse complexity and scope and may act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities.
- Technical Support:
- Provide technical advice in first and 2nd level support to users on IT systems of the e-commerce environment.
- Log cases in tracking system to ensure tracking of every incident.
- Follow up with logged incidents to IT departments until case closure, upon requestor's confirmation.
- Manage escalations and follow up with different IT systems specialists (IT asset owner).
- Report on Frequently Asked cases monthly and evaluate the need to enhance systems.
- Part of the Change Request/Enhancement request chain of proposals for future e- commerce store functionality releases.
- Write training materials for frequently requested case types to support user trainings.
- Business Analysis:
- Contribute to documenting user stories in new web pages/functionality developments.
- Contribute to writing test scripts.
- Assist with translating new web functionalities in different languages.
- Testing of European HP Shopping web sites:
- Test new releases before moving to production (agile testing).
- Report on bugs; document and request support appropriately to development teams.
- Test final releases upon moving into production (frequently out of working hours).
Education and Experience Required
- Activities are European based, excellent English command is a must. Other European languages will be a plus.
- Experience in the digital/e-Commerce industry.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
- High level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility and self-confidence.
We are the re-inventors.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas and that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them.
At HP, we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. This is how ideas and people grow.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Back to top