Business Strategy Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in HP's most complex disciplines. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages large, cross- functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required
- Typically 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post- advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Typically partners with SVP- level and above.
- Manages multiple large, cross-organization consulting assignments.
- Staffs and manages cross- functional engagement teams within assigned area of responsibility.
- Develops strategic goals for multiple clients.
- Presents business cases to EXEC2-level and above audiences.
- Creates new consulting frameworks for delivery and contributes to tools, templates, and intellectual capital.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly
Join Hewlett-Packard, the largest technology company in the world with a market-leading portfolio spanning personal computing, printing, software, services and IT infrastructure.
Back to top