Business Process Specialist and Executive Assistant
This position will lead key business processes for the global Sustainability and Product Compliance (SPC) as well as providing support to the head of SPC, the directors of the SC Responsibility & Human Rights and Sustainability & Social Innovation teams and the direct staff of the Sustainability & Product Compliance team as a whole.
The goal for this position is to support the SPC leadership team to inspire HP to use sustainability to grow the business by realizing HP's vision to make life better for everyone, everywhere.
Key tasks will include:
SPC leadership team support:
- leadership of worldwide employee engagement activities, including some content sections and logistics for department coffee talks,
- supporting effective engagement of internal partners and external organizations (incl. customers) by preparing/editing executive presentations with specialized or technical content
- management of staff meeting agenda for a globally-located team
- creation and management of SharePoints and creating and updating web pages for SPC; maintenance of PDLs
- assisting VP with management of HR and financial data
- leadership of the SPC support team. Resource for questions regarding HP administrative processes and procedures.
- Other leadership efforts based on bandwidth and skills – such as engagement with Learning & Development on SPC professional skills development needs.
VP and Director support:
- calendar management and prioritization
- meeting and travel arrangements, including managing the departmental travel budget and preparing expense reports,
- purchasing general office supplies and equipment,
- coordinating multi-day F2F meetings and special events
- engagement with global real estate ensuring SPC staff has sufficient office space and adequate workspace set-up at multiple US locations.
- management of new hire onboarding, including PCs
- ownership and use of PCard for office consumables, vendor payments, catering, etc.
- backup for PO initiation, management and alignment of spend to budget
Education and experience:
- High school and some college-level education required (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 7+ years general administrative experience.
- Strong problem solver. Able to navigate HP organization and solicit support for own work as required.
- Able to prioritize own work and push back appropriately when overloaded, while ensuring productivity of the team. Proactively identifies needs and initiates own work.
- High proficiency with MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Sharepoint and web publishing, and MS Word. Solid proficiency with Excel.
- Able to support executive, external and team communications by taking raw technical or general content and reshaping it into clear and effective presentations with an HP look-and-feel.
- Able to provide effective and comprehensive support to VP and Directors (one physically located elsewhere) and an international management staff.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently and under limited supervision. Exercises independent judgment and effective resolution of complex problems with minimal supervision without established procedures.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Strong written communication skills.
- Experienced in supporting manager that travels frequently domestically and internationally.
- Actively supports elevating employee engagement across the entire team.
- Collaborates well with other assistants, support personnel, and professional staff.
- Handles highly confidential information with discretion
- Works at a fast pace, is flexible and thrives on change.
- Familiarity with HP purchasing, web publishing and other administrative systems. Able to quickly self-train on new software and administrative tools.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top