Business Planning-Program Manager
Chief of Staff/Planning & Operations:
Description: HP is the world's leading SBM and printing company. We create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
Senior Executive Operations Planner, Office of President, SBM - role description:
The SBM organization is seeking a Senior Executive Operations Planner to support the Office of the PRESIDENT, SBM. The organization is responsible for Sales Strategy and Operations, Customer Support, Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services, Global Indirect Procurement, Corporate Development and Integration, Corporate Strategy, and Enterprise Digital Strategy and Transformation.
In this role, you will report to the PRESIDENT, SBM's Chief of Staff, but will work side by side with both the PRESIDENT, SBM, her support team, and the supporting teams of the SBM leadership team in driving operational efficiency and effectiveness, strategic alignment, and integration of activities with all organizational functions across SBM and the larger HPI organization.
The Senior Executive Operations Planner will also lead strategic projects on an as-needed basis - anything that is required to keep the organization running smoothly and to ensure the team is working towards the same objectives/outcomes.
In summary, this is a highly dynamic and scalable role that serves a trusted go-to resource for SBM Planning & Operations, who gets things done and works effectively across the organization.
The specific responsibilities of the role fall into two primary areas:
- Strategic management of the operational workflow for the President's office:
- Equip the PRESIDENT, SBM to lead effectively in key internal executive meetings and events by strategically planning the longer-range calendar with the PRESIDENT, SBM, her staff and key cross-functional leaders across the organization.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the larger SBM Organization and HPI organization on agendas and materials needed for all internal executive forums and meetings, including all CEO-level reviews and planning sessions, meetings with HP Inc Board of Directors, all quarterly business reviews of SBM business units and regions, Face-to-Face meetings internal to SBM, and those in partnership with key agencies and weekly executive staff meetings.
- Partner with Business Strategy and Management teams to develop Master Business Objective metrics for the SBM organization, including setting measures and targets with each organization within SBM and that support larger business strategy objectives.
- Drive and/or support strategic cross-functional programs:
- Lead or support strategic projects as requested that could include but are not limited to: driving the annual Long-Term Business Planning process in partnership with Finance and Business Strategy teams
- Strategic initiatives in partnership with HP Human Resources
- Refining the communications and engagement strategy for the PRESIDENT, SBM in partnership with HP Corporate Communications team.
- Track action items from key reviews and follow-up with owners to ensure action items are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Efficiently and effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels across the PRESIDENT, SBM organization to ensure success of these programs.
- Contribute to continually improving how these programs can be managed, executed and transitioned to the SBM organizations to own and drive.
- Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors or Master's Degree or equivalent
- Typically 5-10 years of relevant experience, including experience in Program Management, Staff Operations, Business planning.
- Recent certification in Program Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of project/program leadership including leading global, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization
- Strong analytical thinking, analysis, problem solving skills, process orientation, and business acumen skills
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to work within a fluid, constantly changing environment
- Ability to pull together external, and internal Executive level presentations
- Highly developed collaboration, relationship building, and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with/influence across all levels and functions within the organization to achieve actionable results through others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and quality of deliverables; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities (both long and short term) simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills, and group facilitation.
- Ability to communicate complex or abstract ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Passion for learning and continuous growth and development
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong ability to create visual aids in PowerPoint to capture key ideas\
Back to top