Business Planning Specialist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is ranked among the Top Companies to work. Among the recognitions include, One of the World's Most Attractive Employers by Universum Global, One of the Top Companies for Women Technologists by Anita Borg Institute, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies Millennials are most excited to work for by SurveyMonkey, and Working Mother 100 Best Companies for 27 years. Furthermore, HP has received two consecutive Diversity Leader Awards from Profiles in Diversity Journal. HP was also awarded the Gold Medal by World Environment Center for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and make recommendations.
- Works independently to construct complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, compares actual data to forecasted values, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive market research projects and synthesizes data and information to identify relevant trends and next steps.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop business plans based on historical and forecasted data and reports.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 4-6 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Developed relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
Back to top