Business Planning Manager
The Business Planning Manager has unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. This role will contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas, provide highly innovative solutions, lead large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will also be able to provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees, as well as be able to develop strategy and sets functional policy and direction.
- Identify patterns and make strong strategic recommendations by looking at all elements of the value chain to ascertain areas of cost improvement and/or reduction of duplication of efforts (by Canada and/or our partners) to successfully achieve results and minimize costs
- Utilize LEAN concepts to drive results and transform HP to be able to deliver results more effectively
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
- Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
- Leads highly complex, time- sensitive market research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business leaders.
- Staffs and manages cross- functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Drives all aspects of priority projects and makes final team decisions.
- Develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities as partners with client business leaders.
- Develops and drives comprehensive business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
- Identifies or develops cutting- edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian marketplace and channel programs as well as research methodology for the most challenging business issues
- Previous services & solutions experience and successes
- Knowledge of security solution developments as they relate to firewalls
- Excellent process orientation, analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Exceptional strategic and growth mindset with experience and know how to turn strategy into strong execution that drives proven results
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive business acumen and technical knowledge to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a lean environment with low margins, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list in 2018.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top