Business Planning Manager
The Business Planning Manager will support the Chief of Staff of HP's Imaging, Printing and Solutions organization ("Print") in all aspects of day to day planning and business operations. This highly visible role will draw upon expertise in business analytics, financial analysis, strategic planning and operational excellence to help the Chief of Staff manage the operating cadence for the worldwide organization.
Job Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, business analysis)
- Leads complex business analysis across Print, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Influences and engages stakeholders at all levels across Print to achieve impactful business outcomes
- Drive ad-hoc analysis & develop recommendations per business need
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Staffs and manages cross functional engagement teams within assigned area of responsibility.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post advanced degree experience leading complex projects, often with ambiguous/ fluid business context
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Deep understanding of business fundamentals and operational rhythm for global organizations
- Advanced business acumen
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to business issues.
- Ability to work with the Chief of Staff to quickly understand, shape and respond to complex and often urgent business issues spanning the global Print organization
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top