Business Planning Manager
The Business Planning & Operations Manager will report to the Chief of Staff of HP's Imaging, Printing and Solutions organization (“Print”), but will work side by side with both the President and the Print leadership team in driving operational efficiency and effectiveness, strategic alignment and integration of activities with all organizational functions across Print and the larger HPI organization. This highly visible role will draw upon expertise in business analytics, financial analysis, strategic planning and operational excellence to help the Chief of Staff manage the operating cadence for the worldwide organization. The Business Planning & Operations Manager willalso lead strategic projects on an as-needed basis - anything that is required to keep the organization running smoothly and to ensure the team is working towards the same objectives/outcomes.
In summary, this is a highly dynamic and scalable role; the Business Planning & Operations Manager serves as a trusted go-to leader for Imaging, Printing and Solutions, and is someone who gets things done and works effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Consults with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, business analysis).
- Facilitates complex business analysis across Print, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Seeks and delivers continuous improvement of operational processes to drive a high-performance organization.
- Influences and engages stakeholders at all levels across Print to achieve impactful business outcomes.
- Drives ad-hoc analysis & develop recommendations per business need.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Staffs and manages cross functional engagement teams within assigned area of responsibility.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically, 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post advanced degree experience leading complex projects, often with ambiguous/ fluid business context
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess executive presence and the ability to quickly learn, apply knowledge with judgement and nuance.
- Influence and Competence
- Ability to work with the Chief of Staff to quickly understand, shape and respond to complex and often urgent business issues spanning the global Print organization.
- Deep understanding of business fundamentals and operational rhythm for global organizations.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation.
- Demonstrated project management, relationship management, and leadership skills (e.g. team-building, conflict resolution, effective facilitation, leading cross-functional initiatives, partnering, consulting, and the ability to influence and collaborate).
- Distill the Complex
- Ability to convey abstract ideas clearly, and to effectively communicate through authentic conversation and effective listening.
- Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to solve complex issues.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Passion for Business
- Must have a strong desire to drive transformation and improvement in the Print Business. Motivated to drive operational change in the business.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top