The Business Planner will partner with cross-functional teams to lead internal projects and initiatives, and prepare comprehensive implementation tactics, including execution plans, follow-up guidelines, assessment, and process accountabilities. This position ensures that business activities are aligned with stated plans among different stakeholders by setting business metrics, evaluating actual performance, and making recommendations to business leaders on process improvement achievement. The Business Planner will alsoassist with the organization and prioritization of strategic leadership initiatives and activities, working with internal and external contacts to manage multiple projects various scope and complexities effectively.
- Manages complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and make recommendations.
- Track and report on the metrics required to measure business performance, compares actual data to forecasted values, and implements the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive projects and synthesizes data and information to identify relevant trends and next steps.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop business plans based on historical and forecasted data and reports.
- Implements go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Utilizes analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Ability to handle most unique situations.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 4-6 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work effectively in a high paced environment with multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Access, and statistical analysis.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Developed relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities effectively
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top