Business Operations Analyst
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Candidate needs to understand executive leadership's expectations for dashboard monitoring and reporting. The candidate will be developing dashboard reports for executives to survey their organization at a glance and see potential issues as well as successful performance. Reports will need to be on demand, interactive, and with levels of details available up to the minute/hour.
Candidate will be working across HP with multiple program groups to refine data collection to provide relevant, concise reports. Strong communication, political and negotiation skills will be required.
Other skills required:
- Skilled Excel user with pivot tables, slicers, graphing, formulas, macros, & integration of data connectors
- Data visualization & Business Intelligence tools systems such as Looker, EasyBi, Power BI, Tableau
- Monitoring tools such as Nagios, Alertsite & Zabbix
- Log aggregation, analytics & monitoring tools such as Elastic & Splunk
- Test Automation such as Selenium
- Windows & Linux system administration in cloud environments such as AWS
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Back to top