Business Operation System Specialist/Data Scientist
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Running processes to populate data.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Developing new queries for general use.
- Investigating data issues raised by our user community.
- Conducting periodic audits.
- Ad-hoc data requests for reporting or analytical purposes.
- Supporting platforms/processes used to interrogate the database.
- Conducting DB duties such as providing user access, supporting tiers of access (ie read only, read/write etc), controlling data runs/processing (after hours?)
- Business Operations report preparation
- Metrics data mapping and cleaning
Analytical Skills Required :
- Advance statistical tools (Regression, Forecasting etc.), Machine Learning, Analytical tools (Clustering, Basket analysis, Decision trees, Random forest etc.)
- Test hypotheses, and build models (Statistical and Predictive modeling)
- Conduct advanced data analysis
- Statistical Techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access (Arrays, VBA etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL is Mandatory
- Sharp Analytical skills
- Manages complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and make recommendations.
- Works independently to construct complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, compares actual data to forecasted values, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive market research projects and synthesizes data and information to identify relevant trends and next steps.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop business plans based on historical and forecasted data and reports.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- • Supporting Project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, plans, dependencies, resource requirements), stakeholders communication, ensuring milestone timelines and sign-off
• Support Business teams and functions through automation for business processes - Review of existing processes, solution proposal, design and development
• Partner with different organizations as required
• Communicate changes to broader Business Operations community
• Develop training material and plans
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 4-6 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top