Business Operation Analyst
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Responsible for supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis, order fulfillment, import/export operations and shipping, for a regional or global business unit.
- Produces reports using IT systems and analyzes data to develop trends for supply and demand activities; articulates findings to management.
- Analysis of backlog management.
- Gathers demand data from country, region, and account managers to contribute to demand planning.
- Collaborates with regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance current business processes.
- Reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Researches and analyzes priority projects within established guidelines.
- Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- May provide training or general direction for junior staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in a supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Developed Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other analytical aids to help manage the operation.
- Developing Project Management Skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Proficient understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
- Strong understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and ATP.
- Developed understanding of import/export regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Moderate level of knowledge of inventory analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- PM Skillsets
- Wide knowledge in Customs & Compliance
- Instinct of innovation, data mining, analytics
- Knowledge in procurement and contract management
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top