Business Intelligence Architect
- Vancouver, WA
The data engineering role is a team member that will help enhance and maintain the enterprise Business Intelligence system. This role will work with external and internal business partners to capture business requirements and help develop solutions to support the ink the laser supplies business. This individual will apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommend appropriate alternatives. The daily work will consist of solving problems that are of diverse complexity and scope, while exercising independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices. This role will require handling unique or unclear requirements and seek advice from team members and leaders in order to make decisions on complex business issues. This role frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods and determines best methods and practices for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. It is expected that this individual will bring new ideas and approaches to the team and help drive design and process innovation.
- Leads one or more project teams of other data engineers for all stages of design and development for complex, secure and performant data solutions and models, including design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration of structured/unstructured data.
- Builds and manages relationships throughout the organization
- Design, build, test, and support BI solutions/dashboards, using Qlik Sense, Tableau and AWS tools
- Gathers and validate requirements for change requests and tool/process enhancements
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with architecture, security and quality guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall data systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the big data supplies space.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Partners with data organizations and other internal team to maintain changes to data structures, schema and documentation
- Skilled in applying analytic functions, set analysis, nested calculations and visualization best practices
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of AWS EC2/Windows Server, Qlik Sense Server and applications with support from other internal team members
- Prioritize and respond to ad hoc requests from internal teams while managing project workloads
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years' e xperience in a data engineering role.
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- Experienced in application designing, architecting, development and deployment using Qlik Sense or Tableau.
- Experienced in data modelling and integration through extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from various sources. Creation of QVD and extract files.
- Able to comprehend and translate complex and advanced functional, technical and business requirements into executable architectural designs.
- Fluent in NoSQL & relational based systems.
- Strong experience in overall architecture of big data systems, AWS cloud services/systems.
- Designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data in complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Evaluating forms and processes for database architecture testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to be self-directed and work and interact with virtual teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in Qlik Sense, Tableau, and data issues using SQL
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and analyze data to find creative solutions to problems using statistical methods, data analytics, anomaly detection, and root cause analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Experience working with Jenkins, Apache Airflow, DBT, and GitHub for code management
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top