Business Development Manager
As a member of the Personal Systems Customer Experience and Portfolio Strategy, you will be driving Business Development activities with partners in Software and Internet Services space. You will be specifically accountable for identifying and managing HP's strategic partnership around a variety of applications and webservices that will bring a unique value to our customers and help differentiate the personal computing devices. This will include working with Product Management, Finance, Legal, R&D, and the rest of the management team to ensure that any partnerships and alliances operate to HP's technical specifications and within an agreed upon business model meeting HP financial, legal and quality and experience objectives. You will work closely with the rest of the business development team in ensuring smooth integration of all of our applicable business relationships. You will also operate in close partnership with designated business leads in PSG Global Business Units and regions, and other relevant teams on a US and ROW basis to ensure alignment and leverage the WW portfolio as appropriate.
- Identify new partnering opportunities in the software and services space for HP's Personal Systems product portfolio
- Influence and drive cross functional teams to desired outcomes in the area of product and technological process advancements
- Work with PS software product management to develop new plans for future products.
- Lead insights driven business development process including the experience evaluation, partner recommendation and the negotiation of mutually acceptable agreements and day to day management of ongoing business relationships.
- Master's (graduate) degree in Business Administration or Marketing or business/technical field of study
- Industry experience
- The Business Development Manager is a position requiring leadership vision and the ability to generate and close deals, ability to navigate and work with highly strategic partners through deep understanding of the current apps and services space as well as HP products and processes.
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 1+ years in the industry in business development, consulting, strategy
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
- Superior business judgment, complex financial modeling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the software and app eco system as well as internet space, including emerging markets
- Avid user of applications as well as web services on mobile devices as well as PC
- When you use an app, you have a pretty good idea of the value that application provides to the customer and the underlying business model
- When you hear about a new app or service, your instincts are to download the app or signup for the service
- Prior work experience in a business development, strategy, management consulting, or finance role a plus
- Understanding of various customer acquisition channels and distribution value chain models
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top