Business Data Analyst
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
The selected candidate will be part of HP Inc.'s Personal Systems Services Business Unit. The selected candidate will be responsible for working with Business Data Analysts and drive strategic engagements in Market Intelligence.
He/she will work closely with the PS Services team, collaborate with key Global and Regional functions to understand business requirements related to market analysis of the PS Services portfolio; Develop reporting and data solutions to support Service revenue enablement. He/she must be able to effectively build innovative solutions that can be easily scaled to different regions, and support data gathering and validation for different sales and marketing programs. Should act as a liaison to leadership teams, Product category team, Business Planning managers.
Key Job Functions:
Initial responsibilities include the following; however, specific projects/initiatives will change over time:
- Liaise with different business groups
- Run programs, and be accountable for delivery of all operational reports and metrics for the Dashboards created for PS Services.
- Support and coach the team of Data and Business Analyst on technical aspects of the various deliverables
- Play significant role to ensure Organizational change, culture & capabilities are implemented.
- Develop a world class analytics business offering for leveraging data and analysis to bring transformational change
- MBA, with a minimum 5+ years of relevant experience handling delivery of Business Intelligence in an IT or technology services organization.
- Prior experience in Consulting or independent roles in Research firms a plus.
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural global client facing environment
- Ability to work with both business and technical communities
- Financial analysis/excel modeling to support the Strategy team on specific analysis projects.
- Strong interest and inclination to technology.
- Strategic mindset, attention to detail and capable of independently managing complex processes that touch multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills. Knowledge of advanced excel functions and macros will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and work easily with numbers and multi-dimensional data
- Detail and Deadline oriented
- Team player
- Self-starter requiring minimum training or on-boarding effort
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables with minimum guidance and pro-actively set up communication processes with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English - written, verbal
- Good Database skills with preferable Big Data exposure.
- Good knowledge in BI Tool (Design, Development and Implementation)
- Good knowledge in Project Management and Program management.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top