Business & Brand Development Manager, Labels & Packaging Executive Accounts
Business Development Manager supporting the Label and Packaging Segment of the Indigo organization as detailed in the description below:
Support accounts in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity delivering content and knowledge on the packaging industry.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established
guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May
act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and
team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices
to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make
decisions on complex business issues.
- Opportunity analysis.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs.
- Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assesses likely competitive threats.
- Assists with requests for expertise from peers.
- Client/customer relationship
- Maintains excellent communications with customer management.
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Team collaboration.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via contributing participation in education programs.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities within the account.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the
- solution design.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners.
- Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years experience in technical selling and/or consultative selling.
- Experience in industry desired.
- Technical and/or solution experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical/Solution acumen.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of HP's breadth of solutions.
- Demonstrates deep technical capabilities in assigned area of specialization
- Awareness in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Understands data business center components and how IT is used to address business needs.
- Demonstrates current understanding of technical innovations & trends and their impact on solving customer business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for components of large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU's.
- Has demonstrated hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
- Business acumen.
- Understands and applies basic financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment
- concepts and applies them appropriately in positioning proposed solutions.
- Applies understanding of the customer's value chain and business requirements when designing
- and proposing solutions.
- Communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals Industry acumen.
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Solution selling.
- Demonstrates solid questioning techniques and related communications skills with customer
- Demonstrates understanding of the competition as well as good positioning & strategy.
- Additional Job Description
- Directly support the Label & Packaging business, working with the respective business managers and sales
- executive efforts to justify and accelerate net new packaging press sales and page growth.
- Support as directed the overall launch strategy for supporting tools made available to field and to
- Participate in the creation and deployment of training for supporting tools, providing content and feedback as needed
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to improve overall functionality, quality, and performance of supporting tools by sharing feedback from field, customers, and other users
- Support live customer demonstrations at the Graphics Experience Center in Alpharetta, GA- as required
- Actively involved in speaking engagements and peer groups within the Packaging industry
- Develop a value proposition for the Label & Packaging business that appeals to CPG's challenges.
- Connect with Brand thought leaders to help them understand how digitally printed labels can grow their revenue/margins
- Provide ideation and support to Brand leaders to trial and launch new label promotions
- Bachelor's or Master's (graduate) degree in Business, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or technical
field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of consulting experience plus sound knowledge of Labels & Packaging print industry with a
concentration in label industry; also prefer knowledge of both conventional and digital printing presses, workflow,
and finishing technologies.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence direct reports and virtual teams
- Mastery knowledge of educational principles, practices, tactics and influential tools
- In-depth understanding of competitive environment
- In-depth knowledge industry, segment, commercial and consumer large accounts
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with executive management and functional disciplines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
In-depth understanding of Excel and Power Point
Excellent presentation skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top