Key Job specifics/responsibilities:
- Programming skills like Java, VB, C#, .net, etc.
- Gathers the necessary business knowledge and requirements to develop information management systems that make the right information available to businesses.
- Requires knowledge of SQL and other database systems. Experience with Hadoop, and columnar data base structures desired. Establish table/view structures that align with overall business insight needs and support visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Develop queries and ETLs to move data
- Communicates with data users to set expectations regarding data delivery and any possible interruptions.
- Develop and deploy strategies for data quality management/assurance and system reliability.
- Incorporate appropriate security and access controls in alignment with business needs and IT standards.
- Understand and track the value that systems deliver to the business in terms of decisions made that with the information that drive cost savings or customer loyalty.
- Work in a team environment that promotes mutual development and success.
- Regional CS business organizations, WW Reporting teams, IT, CS SDA team, Corporate Quality
Technical skills - Required:
- Database design/development/maintenance knowledge/experience
- SQL programming skills
- Trouble shooting knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of CS operations systems
- Analytic skills
Technical skills - Desired
- Experience with big data infrastructure: Hadoop, Vertica, Hanna, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools: Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Experience with Data Science/Data architecture/system design
- Experience with data quality management using automated instrumentation
- Experience with CS data systems.
- Expert QlikView designer knowledge;
Other skills Needed
- Fluent in written and verbal English; Excellent business communication skills and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and summarizing skills - ability to understand complex processes and transform them into software solutions;
- Willing to drive the change, willing to take on new challenges,
- Self-starter with proactive (result driven) attitude; Detail oriented person;
- Strong ability to operate effectively within a virtual (cross-cultural) team - able to lead remote, virtual teams;
- Project management skills - ability to work on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope;
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to influence others; Strong team collaborations skills;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold Master's or advanced degree in related field. Typically 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Preferred to have Green Belt Six Sigma certified/trained, PMP, Agile, SDLC methodology
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top