The Business Analyst defines, manages, and evaluates business plans to ensure they are operationally executable against defined strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will lead and partner with cross-functional teams to develop short-term (typically less than two years) business plans and supporting data-driven models. Responsibilities include preparing comprehensive implementation tactics, such as execution plans, resource allocation plans, follow-up guidelines, assessment, and process accountabilities; ensures that business activities are aligned with stated plans among different stakeholders; setting business metrics, evaluating actual performance, and making recommendations to business leaders on performance target achievement; as well as developing data-driven analyses to optimize resources and ensure that business plans can be translated into financial value.
- Conducts and summarizes complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, including revenue and demand projections, workforce optimization, and channel management.
- Constructs statistical and financial models with minimal direction to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, and compares actual data to forecasted values.
- Executes market research projects, gathers intelligence on current industry, technology, and consumer trends, and summarizes research findings tailored to business needs.
- Works with cross-functional teams to facilitate the data collection and performance measurement process, and escalates issues as necessary. Makes contributions to research and analyses on priority projects within established guidelines.
Education and Experience Required
- Typically 2-4 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage data requests.
- Strong analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing project management skills.
- Understanding of Partner eco-system and channel business
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative business models and analyses to contribute to large projects.
- Contributes primarily to diagnostic and reactive business planning activities.
- Decision-making limited to immediate function with minimal business risk.
- Addresses business planning needs within a business function.
- Understands the business model and external environment within assigned area of responsibility.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top