Location: Palo Alto or Vancouver WA
**Candidates must have graduated within the last 12 months
This is an exciting opportunity in HP’s Corporate Real Estate & Workplace Services organization for a recent graduate. The Corporate Real Estate & Workplace Services (CREWS) organization manages real estate and facilities services for HP across 63 countries and over 200 locations. CREWS is committed to delivering cutting edge workplaces that foster HP’s culture of inclusion, flexibility and collaborative team work.
The business analyst, working as part of the CREWS Business Intelligence team, will be responsible for applying industry best practices to the design, development, optimization and support of business information systems with the aim of improving business efficiency, productivity and collaboration.
The successful candidate should have a high level of technical expertise and a clear understanding of current business practices.
• Support new and existing information systems and business models through administration and reporting
• Work closely with IT and internal teams to create user requirements and oversee implementation of new systems or related projects as needed
• Work closely with management to prioritize business goals & information needs
• Map & document interfaces between legacy and new systems
• Identify options to improve systems efficiency and assess from both a technical and business perspective
• Work closely with colleagues, end users, and internal stakeholders to ensure compatibility and user satisfaction
• Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. May lead the training of clients and peers.
• Support systems users on change management and systems updates
• Keep up to date with technical and industry best practices and developments
Education and Experience Required
• Typically a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a Business, Business Information Systems or a technical related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Candidates should have graduated within the last 12 months.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Logical, analytical and investigative mind, coupled with creative abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
• Motivated self-starter
• Ability to plan and work flexibly to deadlines
• Ability to manage complex data with accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience with developing tools from Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
• Comprehensive knowledge of business information systems
• Basic knowledge of programming languages, SQL, and database/data management concepts
• Good report writing skills and the ability to communicate technical information clearly to non-technical colleagues
• Interest in self-development skills to keep up to date with changing trends in the IT sector
Back to top