Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages and leads an initiative involving one or more functions and project teams to drive process improvement for a subsystem or component of a product or service offering.
- Consults with business leaders to identify relevant internal, client and external processes for optimization; reviews audit and assessment results to identify trends and issues, perform root- cause analysis, develop recommendations for resolution and track effectiveness of remedies.
- Develops schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for process improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates activities of supporting project teams and internal and external partners; tracks progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet requirements and schedules.
- Communicates initiative progress, escalations, and issue analysis to stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal development, manufacturing and service delivery partners to implement changes to resolve escalated issues and produce solutions.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's.
- degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- Lean Six Sigma (Black belt) or other Quality certification required.
- Project management certification such as PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using data collection and analysis tools and software packages to gather, integrate and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of industry quality standards and methodologies.
- Using empirical and root- cause analysis, modeling, and testing methodologies to identify areas for process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top