Big Data Technical Program Manager
HP is growing its investment big data services and solutions to create the next generation of data driven product insights and business intelligence. We are looking for a senior Technical Program Manager to lead planning, execution, and delivery for our Big Data Software Programs. We want someone that has a strong technical background in software development and also has project management experience to lead in that role for current programs, as well as contribute as part of a larger leadership team across a set of big data programs.
As a Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for leading development teams to successfully deliver big data solutions and services. This position is responsible for writing product specifications, creating and executing against the project plan, proactively mitigating risks, meeting with external teams to understand requirements, and managing the iterative agile software development life cycle from inception to production launch and post production support. You should be fluent in sound software and services architecture, development and deployment models, CI/CD automation, important cloud and big data technologies, and software service business models & economics.
- Work across multiple teams and geographies to lead the planning, execution, and delivery of complex cloud based big data services and solutions.
- Write product and interface specifications.
- Drive roadmap & resource planning activities and deliverables.
- Prepare and present program and project status to key stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Create and nurture a fun, collaborative work environment which fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning.
- Promote value-driven delivery, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Communicate shared understanding of direction and objectives into multiple domains.
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate risk.
- Interact comfortably in one-to-one with individual technical contributors, engineering leaders, and key stakeholders or customers.
- Lead teams through backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint review activities, providing the customer and business context needed.
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure success.
- Manage and maintain team backlogs and ensure forward project momentum
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically, 10+ years experience in the software engineering and technical project/program domain, with 3 years minimum in a Technical Program Manager equivalent role.
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining software applications and services.
- Experience managing and/or leading the development projects across multiple geographies.
- Experience with system software design and integration using appropriate interface models, and scalable architectures.
- Experience with developing and delivering cloud based software applications and services.
- Trained as an agile project owner and scrum master, with experience managing and/or leading agile development.
- Experience with AWS services such as Redshift, Lambda, S3, Aurora, API G/W.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading the creation and execution of highly automated processes for software testing, including methodology development, writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and test automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with mastery of the English language. Outstanding technical communication skills pertaining to product architectures, design proposals, functional specifications, API's, and project and program management.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top