Big Data Software Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our big data services development team. Your past experience matters, but more important to us is what you can do going forward. If you are technically talented and have the tenacity to build upon your current skill set, then we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate has both a willingness and desire to work in a dynamic environment, is able to apply Agile methodologies in day-to-day activities, and is a self-motivated developer who mentors and shares knowledge.
So, if you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the next great thing, then we have a job for you. We are a start-up within a profitable and stable company, and our team is focused on establishing new, cloud based data acquisition, communication, archival, analysis, and reporting solutions for our commercial printing business units. Our people have a creative, agile, innovative, fun, and collaborative attitude, and are dedicated to creating new and valuable software solutions for HP.
A software engineer on this team will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software. The engineer will create enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, and cloud based computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, the engineer will write code, complete programming tasks, perform testing and debugging of applications, create automated unit and regression tests, and complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. The team member may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participate in analyzing requirements and high-level designs.
- Lead design efforts and coach younger engineers in coding and design practices.
- Code and maintain software modules working from written and oral requirements and specifications.
- Design and create unit tests for production code.
- Take ownership of existing code.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Give input to management on task duration estimation, technical information, and issue resolution.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar technology degree with typically 6 or more years industry experience designing, developing, and deploying software applications, services, or solutions.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, especially Model-View-Controller
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and experience
- Strong Java skills and experience
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of source control management systems, such as Git
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Mastery of the English language in both written and oral form
- Experience developing cloud based software services and solutions
- Experience with AWS services
- Test-Driven-Development, Unit Testing Experience
- Ability to work with fast changing requirements
- Ability to analyze the performance and scalability of complex systems
- Pair-programming experience
- Experience with Analytics tools, APIs and SDKs
- Experience with data analytics, neural networks, and/or machine learning a plus
- Spark/EMR experience is highly desired
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top