Big Data Analytics Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Join one of HP's most successful new enterprises, PWI, the HP PageWide Industrial division. PWI designs, develops, installs, and supports HP digital web presses all over the world. These presses utilize the latest in HP proprietary inkjet technology. It is an exciting, fast-paced, and growing business.
We are looking to hire an engineering intern (expected degree completion by May/June 2018) into our Engineering Operations team in beautiful Corvallis, Oregon. The person in this role will work with our Big Data Analytics (Back Office) team to analyze data for our many different internal and external customers.
- Work with the Back Office subject matter experts to learn the database architecture.
- Learn about the data we collect and how it can be used.
- Learn about the products we support, how they work, how they're used in the field, etc.
- Use your knowledge of the data we have and how our presses work to develop analytics our internal customers can use to solve problems. Customers of the data include engineers, marketing and business development professionals, and managers
Education and Experience
- Junior year towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Data Science related discipline.
- Expected degree completion Spring or Summer 2020
Skills / Knowledge / Approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of English
- Data-driven approach
- Desire to use data and analytical methods to investigate and solve issues
- Familiarity with statistical methods
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Strong customer focus
- Interest in learning from customers' experiences with our products
- Hands-on approach
- Curiosity about how things work and natural desire to solve problems
Location: Corvallis, OR
Back to top