Big Data Analyst
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Job Description :
Produce and maintain logical and physical data models for complex databases and projects. Leads the development and maintenance of enterprise data models for large complex enterprises. Leads formal Data Modelling Reviews. Provides advice to business and technical personnel on data analysis principles, methods and trends. Leads complex Model Conversion (data mapping) to produce a data dictionary and data mapping matrix between the external software and the internal database for business function replacement. Leads in data quality analysis / data profiling, to produce a data quality assessment (and baseline). Designs complex Data Transformation Strategies for Business Intelligence or Data Migration.
Leads a Big Data Analysis supporting one or more application projects, or responsible for a discrete data consulting engagement. Works collaboratively with the other teams including Program/ Project manager and architects to ensure project success. Engage and collaborate with the infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of data related infrastructure components. Leads discussion with operation team and peers to collect and analyze data requirements.
Frequently contributes to discussions, forums and knowledge base. Provides leadership to peers, management and customers in relation to data analysis principles, technologies, methods and best practices. Develops internal white papers or technical presentations.
Designs and implements quality performance indicators, tools and processes for data collection, analysis and reporting for quality management and continuous improvement of products or solutions for a customer segment or business unit.
Reviews reports, quality data, and process results for assigned product and solution areas to identify trends and issues, perform root-cause analysis, develop recommendations for resolution and track effectiveness of remedies.
- Directs and conducts high volume and often complex data analytics with little oversight.
- Delivers professionally written reports incorporating analytics findings.
- Uses information from the available systems and analytics tools to produce proactive data analytics initiatives.
- Liaises with managers, investigators, and analysts to ensure free flow of information and appropriate data/product provision.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry approaches and available technology, and develops new approaches and tools that minimize emerging security risks.
- Tailors and delivers data analytics training sessions to HP staff and contracted resources.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or a relative field of study or equivalent experience.
- Lean Six Sigma or other Quality certification preferred.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Using data collection and analysis tools and software packages to gather, integrate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of industry quality standards and methodologies.
- Using empirical and root- cause analysis, modeling, and testing methodologies to validate compliance with quality standards.
- Knowledge of database types, data warehousing, data manipulation, and experience working with various computer programming languages including SQL, Brio, Hyperion, Interactive Reporting Studio, DB Visualizer.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve independently by working on complex issues and decisions.
- Able to analyze, model, and interpret large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office application, Business Intelligence and Social Media Analytics tool.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external teams globally including ensuring appropriate communications with management. Excellent written reporting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in Chinese and proficiency in English.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top