Bid Manager - Computing NL
The Bid Manager is responsible for complex internal sales projects facilitating end to end RFx Bid and Proposal Management. Focus will be on tenders for Computing in the Public market.
Bid Managers develop and manage the bid plan which might include orchestrating the creation of the solution and proposal as 'Bid Project Managers' ensuring compliance with customer requirements and company value propositions. They ensure the proposal, technical, commercial and service parts are optimized, consistent, timely delivered, fully approved and of excellent quality.
The Bid Manager will be assigned to local and global bids, and serves as the single point of contact to the bid team for proposals and other client deliverables. Bid Managers are responsible for the effective operation of the bid team and document review process, including resolution and/or escalation of development issues and final document generation.
The Bid Manager ensures a structured approach to deal management from qualified opportunity to win by minimizing the risk for HP and maximizing the chance of success. In addition the Bid Manager develops and manages a comprehensive bid plan and ensures the support team is staffed, engaged, and equipped to fulfill its respective tasks.
The Bid manager advises on the winning configurations and pricing based on a deep understanding of HP's products and services. He has a deep knowledge of the competition and industry trends, and creates solutions that maximize revenues and profits within the competitive framework. He also supports Reseller by offering advice and co-write strategic tenders.
The Bid manager focuses on improving the quality of proposals by creating a repository of bid questions & answers, templates and standard texts, and developing a community of Tender specialists at the Partners. He analyzes opportunities for improvement through Win/Loss reviews, both for internal HP as well as HP Resellers.
The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Guard timelines for tenders
- Compiling questions/answers to be asked with regards to a tender
- Gather and check tender content from sales, presales and category
- Editing the proposal and customize the story line to a particular customer
- Creating a database with content to be leveraged in other tenders
- Creating a database with strategic questions to be asked in tenders
- Educate and support tender specialists at partners
- Co-write tenders with strategic partners
- In depth knowledge of competitive portfolio and strategic themes
- Keep track of industry trends
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- 4-6 years of experience as a bid manager and/or direct sales, working on complex deals
- 5+ years of experience in the B2B Computing market
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills both verbal and written (part of the application interviews can be conducted in English)
- APMP Certification (Foundation/Practitioner) recommended
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint)
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top