Bid Desk Manager
As a member of the PPS Americas Pricing Team, the Bid Desk Manager is tasked to enable the sales organization to win deals through big deal coaching, portfolio solution strategies, non-standard offerings, and pricing. The Bid Desk Manager interfaces with the field sales team daily, enabling them to win single and multi-business unit opportunities with effective pricing that maximizes revenue while meeting business unit discount and margin targets and hitting defined SLA's.
The Bid Desk Manager applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a pricing consultant. The role frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods and works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors. The Bid Desk Manager exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Is a focal point for big deal pricing.
- Delivers portfolio solutions that implement/deploy single and multi-business unit pricing strategies.
- Engages appropriate resources (i.e. contracts) as necessary to craft and position pricing and contract terms necessary
to win business.
- Implements contractual pricing.
- Provides pricing approvals for RFPs, RFQs, contracts and quotations.
- Manages the pricing escalation process.
- Makes product configuration recommendations.
- Acts as a control point to ensure legal, policy and process compliance.
- Implements process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates communication to assigned field sales teams regarding pricing strategies, PPS goals, product roadmaps, new program/processes, issues etc.
- Interacts with the Account Development team to ensure appropriate PC product offerings and pricing strategies are being provided.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills. Must be effective and comfortable at analyzing data and making decisions and recommendations.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to manage all pricing requests to meet assigned timelines and goals.
- Familiarity with HP's products and services.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and ability to utilize available resources to effectively support assigned sales teams and opportunities.
- Strong financial skills and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Expert use of Eclipse, DART, iCost and BART.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work independently.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers, management, finance, category, and sales.
- Ability to drive to a solution in complex situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Customer service oriented.
- Goal driven
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant experience preferred.
- Two or more years of work experience in a role which required strong problem solving/analytical skills in Finance, Sales or Marketing
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top