Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Communicates project status, process standards and changes, and issues and workarounds, clearly and succinctly to business and operations support team.
- Owns the research and data analysis for moderately complex projects.
- Represents the needs of the business during process improvement projects.
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of low complexity, and understand business/customer impact.
- Utilizes standard project management and quality improvement methodologies as appropriate.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2-4 years of related experience in IT/business operations.
- Typically 1-3 years of project management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad knowledge of HP operational processes.
- Intermediate understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Solid communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation). Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Sound knowledge and experience in process area and able to suggest process improvements.
- Basic project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top