Augmented Reality Software Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Are you interested in shaping the future of augmented reality at one of the world's largest technology companies? We are looking for a results-oriented, full stack software developer to join our Augmented Reality (AR) engineering team. You'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in computer vision and augmented reality, building out new ways for consumers to interact with the world around them. We're located in the heart of London's Shoreditch - it's a fun, collaborative environment packed with creatives and other software developers!
You will be responsible for enhancing the core technology of HP's vision platform including augmented reality, image recognition, and visual tracking.
Our ideal candidate has both a willingness and desire to work in a dynamic environment, is able to apply Lean/Agile methodologies in day-to-day activities, and is a positive, self-motivated developer who mentors and shares knowledge. You'll be working with high level objectives and established guidelines, but we also want you to be creative and recommend alternatives when appropriate. We'll be working on problems of diverse complexity and scope, so you may act as a team or project leader providing guidance. You should be able to exercise independent judgment within broad guidance to identify and select a solution.
Your past experience matters, but more important to us is what you can do going forward. Even if you don't have a deep background in augmented reality but are technically strong and have the tenacity to learn, we want to talk to you. So, if you are passionate about AR and want to be part of the next great thing, then please read on!
- Designs systems and solutions to satisfy a variety of end user experience requirements
- Evaluates potential algorithms and technologies for integration
- Quickly builds prototypes and proof-of-concept iterations as needed
- Integrate best-in-class technologies to deliver the optimal user experience
- Collaborates and communicates with management and internal partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- iOS or Android development experience
- Experience in either C++, Java, or Objective C
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Not just a passion for technology, but a passion for users and the problems we're solving!
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Back to top