Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages a large team of exempt individual contributors and/or Manager Is for a business/function or region by setting and monitoring performance goals and objectives, allocating resources and staff for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of audit reviews and programs.
- Leads large audit teams in defining program parameters; provides guidance on audit reviews of the highest level of complexity.
- Motivates, coaches, and fosters innovation within teams, including Manager Is.
- Drives risk assessments, defines project scope, prioritizes initiatives and determines resource needs.
- Interprets significance of audit findings, resolves highly complex issues.
- Leads the development and implementation of recommendations and strategic decisions; identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and develops appropriate solutions and areas for program improvement.
- Sets or influences audit strategies; leads strategic projects and corporate initiatives at the regional or global level.
- Develops, communicates and maintains strong working relationships with the most senior-level business partners and advises regional management in the successful implementation of audit recommendations, while effectively overseeing the entire audit process.
- Collaborates and negotiates with senior business leaders to resolve highly complex audit issues; represents HP to internal and external stakeholders, such as management and external auditors on all audit matters.
- Serves as an expert on audit standards and GAAP related issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of related experience in internal audit and/or finance.
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Content master in the field of internal audit with a complete systematic knowledge of audit standards and accounting principles.
- Exceptional financial and business acumen; in-depth business and industry knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to internal audit, including emerging legislation.
- Meets the licensing or certification requirements of the relevant country or region (e.g., CPA or its equivalent).
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, including goal-setting, conflict resolution, performance management, meeting leading, budget planning, problem solving, and evaluation.
- Excellent project management and process development skills.
- Excellent communication, influence, and presentation skills, including both written and verbal forms catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including competency in financial analysis.
- Ability to apply management core competencies in working with both internal clients and external partnerships.
- Ability to understand customer needs and interpret needs into workable programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while staying within the scope of the overall strategy.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top