Audio Architect/Program Manager, Consumer Desktops
The Consumer Notebook Group, inside the PPS Division, develops mobile computing products and solutions aimed at the consumer market. The hardware development group is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Platform Development and Engineering Team as an Electrical Audio Engineer. This team will develop next generation notebook computers, business tablets, and mobile computing solutions. We are looking for an individual who has background in and is able to develop expertise in a variety of areas, including:
- The ability to work with the diverse audio and tablet/PC based technologies that will include IC's, components, and the technology that drives the audio subsystems which will be implemented across multiple notebook and tablet designs mainly for the business notebook & tablet team but also at times working with the consumer/volume teams.
- The ability to manage IC & Component supplier activities including creating and understanding Audio reference designs, reference and specific product validation, product implantation, product level testing specifically to the Audio sub system.
- You will be responsible & managing the implementation of the Audio sub system on several notebook & tablet designs including the ability to do this both while on-site and remotely located. This specifically includes the following activities:
oSchematic & Layout reviews throughout the design process
oSpeaker & speaker box design & integration into the system
oMic subsystem design & implementation
oDebug & root cause analysis of development problems in the audio subsystems, some of which will be HW based and others of which will be driver based
oGather audio fidelity measurements throughout the development process
oPerformance tuning & validation of the system speaker & mic subsystems, including adjusting the EQ & DTS settings to obtain the best optimized audio performance.
- Will interface with the HP Program Manager and the HP Project Leader in the EE/HW area, providing direction to both on responsibilities & activities for the Audio technology area you own. Will be responsible for your technology areas on multiple Notebook & Tablet programs, while working with HP's existing audio architect/engineer.
- Ability to manage, update, modernize, & drive ownership of individual tests to the engineering test owners for the System Validation Test Plan.
- Must have Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Must have Audio engineering management experience in x86 platform and familiar with NB/Desktop products
- 6+ years of working experience in NB/Desktop Audio technology field
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top