Associate Principal, Corporate Strategy
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Leads critically important, higher impact , time-sensitive efforts to identify new business strategies and opportunities (e.g., new business models, growth initiatives, cost reduction strategies).
- Leads highly complex strategic, organizational, and operational initiatives, including Mergers &Acquisitions projects, business development, and large-scale transformation.
- Partners with executives in creating strategic initiatives and securing budgets for plans and projects on a wide range of strategic issues, including risk management and implementation tactics.
- Oversees significant research and analysis efforts and develops new tools and processes to evaluate strategic objectives.
- Influences and coaches executives by presenting compelling analyses and recommendations that build the business case for new strategic initiatives.
- Directs large, global, virtual, and cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate the development of strategic initiatives and fully integrate strategic initiatives across businesses and regions.
- Provides innovative thought leadership and makes significant contributions to HP's strategic planning knowledge base.
- Provides strong leadership, develops and sets individual and team goals, and acts as a change agent and leader.
- Ensures proper tools and resources are in place to support team efforts.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 12+ years experience. Often 4-7 years post-advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge within multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, conflict resolution, and management in a global, cross-functional, and virtual environment.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to manage human capital to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top