HP is the world's leading printing company. We are looking for innovators who are ready to make a purposeful impact. You will be a member of the R&D digital Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) design team that develops the main controller with critical HP proprietary intellectual property that separates HP printers from the rest of the competitions. You will work with internal and external partners to deliver industry-leading embedded solutions for future HP printers.
- Functional blocks and/or subsystems of digital ASICs from design to silicon verification. This includes RTL coding, verification, silicon validation, and qualification.
- Proactively work with other team members and partners to align on specifications, conduct reviews, and complete documentation.
- Lead cross-discipline task force to triage product HW & FW integration issues to deliver robust solutions.
- Learn key areas of Inkjet and Laserjet print architecture and data path requirements.
- Participate in co-development activities to help prototype ASIC designs in FPGA or other software models to support pre-silicon firmware development and verification.
- Participate in design methodology and tool automation work as needed.
- Contribute to ASIC roadmaps and future innovation.
- Develop technical leadership skills.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent with focus on VLSI design experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of ASIC or SOC design experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of submicron semiconductor technology.
- Knowledge of embedded system design, verification, and product development lifecycle.
- Familiar with digital ASIC/SOC design flow from RTL to silicon characterization.
- Familiar with Synopsys and Cadence EDA tools for Simulation, Synthesis, Timing (STA), Formal and Assertion based verification, etc.
- Familiar with design and programming languages: Verilog, System Verilog, Python, Perl, C, C++, etc.
- Familiar with code base management method including subversion, git, GitHub, etc.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to negotiate design features and options.
- Working knowledge of electronic components, PCA designs and use of test equipment.
In-depth knowledge and domain know-hows in one or more areas below is a big plus.
- Ethernet HW and industry standard High-Speed IO IPs for embedded system.
- ARM microprocessor subsystem.
- Security validation in embedded system.
- Memory and storage subsystem (DDR, Flash, eMMC, etc.)
- Xilinx FPGA design methodology.
- Design database management, scripting and other design flow automation.
- Inkjet or Laserjet printing technology.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!