Applied Networking Engineer
In this role, the Engineer should be experienced with legacy and evolving networking technologies across and between enterprise-scale site and datacenter networks.
In addition, expertise should include:
- L2 & L3 switching, routing.
- Load Balancing.
- Firewalls & Intrusion Prevention.
- WAN optimization.
- IPv4 & v6 address and subnets administration (experience of Infoblox would be an advantage).
- Integration with cloud services (in particular AWS and Azure).
- Software Defined Networking & Network Functions Virtualization strategies, offerings and implementation.
- Good ITIL process knowledge and a good appreciation of operations imperatives, including delivery in outsourced service environments.
We are looking for both depth and breadth of site and datacenter networks experience. Experience of deployments involving a full range of services are valuable, as is experience of very large but limited feature multi-national deployments.
The ideal candidate will possess good technical skills as outlined above, but also a high degree of balance of business acumen. Also we are looking for a collaborative, hands-on self-starter with strong communication, leadership and organizational skills. In addition a rigorous approach to documentation and information management is essential.
- Provide engineering input to Telecoms Architects in support of service development and technology roadmaps.
- Provide technical direction to the HPIT Telecoms organization, and more broadly represent the organization to other IT infrastructure and application teams.
- Provide engineering consulting to programs, projects and initiatives.
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and solutions.
- Ensure strategies are in place and managed for the maintenance of all site and datacenter networks infrastructure documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent technology degree required.
- 10+ years of telecommunications / IT experience with global exposure.
- Current ITIL at least to Foundation level.
- Knowledge of WW telecom standards and regulations.
- Experience with ITU Telecom Standards.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top