Application Security Engineer
We are seeking a Product Security consultant within Personal PC organization. We are looking for an innovative and motivated candidate who under general direction and with a high level of autonomy, will use knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the services.
The candidate will be required to work on multiple products and must have the ability to develop and present secure solutions and remediation advice to leadership and technical teams. The candidate will be required to assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise product teams of security standards, best practices and solutions to address risk, while maintaining security quality and customer satisfaction.
- Align security solutions to overall HP Inc. product.
- Certify the product HP Inc. ships are align with cyber security standard.
- Apply security throughout the product development lifecycle using Secure Development Lifecycle processes and techniques
- Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the HP Inc. portfolio of products.
- Continually review and enhance existing knowledge of security aspects of HP Inc. product sets and technologies.
- Partner with product development teams in order to remediate risks identified by Product Security.
- Capture Remediation data to provide dashboard and metrics to senior management
- Provide 'soft' consultancy skills and a proactive approach to earn the trust of product teams.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of penetration testing, Static Analysis/ Static Application Security Testing, Vulnerability Assessment/Scanning, Dynamic Analysis/Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Malicious Software Analysis
- Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top