Application Developer Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are looking for an Application Developer intern to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision.
A great Application Developer intern has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- High-level programming and related technical skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- A logical approach to problem-solving
- Analytical capabilities
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Experiences of development methodologies, like waterfall and agile attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
- An understanding of business processes and constraints
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
Education and Experience Required:
- 2nd year of University completed, with a focus in management information systems, computer information systems financial systems, business, economics, and/or accounting recommended
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Ability to program in these programming languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), RPA, .net, Python, Visual Basic, Linux etc
- Knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Typically up to 1 year of financial or business experience, internship experience can be included
- May have experience in more than one business function, i.e. accounting or financial systems
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top